Make this summer count by booking a trip to one of easyJet’s new-for-2023 summer routes. First announced earlier this year, the 11 new routes cover all the bases you’ll need for a first-rate summer: sun-kissed beaches, top-notch eating and drinking, world-class museums and galleries, and all-out adventure.
So, although summer seemed like a lifetime away when news of these routes dropped in frosty January, it’s now time to lock-in that getaway you’ve been not-so-secretly pining for. Here’s some of what’s on offer.
If it’s guaranteed sunshine you’re seeking (and we don’t blame you), Turkey has got you covered, literally. Go sun yourself on the sprawling coastline of Antalya or head west to Izmir, over on the Aegean coast. Both are also packed with ancient historical sights if you need some respite from the sunbathing.
For a blissful beach break, the Greek Islands never disappoint, and you’ll find some outrageously beautiful sandy stretches in Chania, on Crete’s north-western coast, and ever-enchanting Santorini.
Foodies should head straight for Naples, where they’ll find inspired street food and refreshing spritzes on every corner. We hear the pizza isn’t bad, either. If pastéis de nata and port are more your thing, a trip to buzzing Lisbon will do the trick.
If, however, you’re more interested in securing an outdoorsy summer full of activities and exertion, the Corsican town of Calvi could be the destination you never knew you needed in your life. Hiking, biking, rock climbing, trail running, sea kayaking, windsurfing, paragliding and numerous other watersports are all lined-up for you, plus great food and wine, because France.
If you still need more inspiration, take your pick from the full route list below and start securing a summer jaunt to remember.
- London Gatwick to Ancona flights will operate twice weekly from June 26
- London Gatwick to Calvi flights will operate twice a week from June 28
- London Luton to Izmir flights are now operating twice weekly
- Southend to Amsterdam flights are operating twice weekly
- Bristol to Chania flights will operate twice weekly from June 27
- Birmingham to Naples flights are operating twice weekly
- Manchester to Paris Orly flights are currently operating all through the week, Monday-Friday
- Edinburgh to Antalya flights will operate twice weekly from June 3
- Edinburgh to Santorini flights will operate on Tuesdays from June 6
- Glasgow to Lisbon flights will operate twice weekly from June 2
- Belfast to Antalya flights are now operating twice weekly