Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for easyJet Traveller magazine ("Magazine") “Social Network Competition” competitions
1. The Promoter of these competitions is: easyJet Airline Company Limited. Registered in England with registered number 3034606 VAT No. GB 745360825. Registered office: Hangar 89, London Luton Airport LU2 9PF. “Social Network Competition” competitions are subject to these Terms and Conditions. By entering you agree to these Terms and Conditions. easyJet reserves the right to discontinue running “Social Network Competition” competitions or cancel any one “Social Network Competition” competition or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time in its absolute discretion and without prior notification to the extent permitted by applicable law.
2. How to enter
3. Eligibility and restrictions
- You must be over 18 years of age to enter.
- The competitions are not open to any employees (or members of their family) of the Promoter or any company or agency directly connected with the creation of and administration of the competition. You are entirely responsible for content submitted by you.
- Before entering any image, you must gain permission to use the photograph in the competition from each person featured in the photo, including all parents / guardians' consent for children under 18 years old. Entrants warrant that they have complied with this requirement and that they have ensured that all parents/guardians of the children featured have complied with any legal requirements necessary to authorise use of the image(s) of the children in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Images that have already been awarded a prize in a national or international competition or been used for commercial purposes are not eligible.
- The entrant must be the owner of copyright, intellectual property, and all other proprietary rights in all photos entered. It is the legal responsibility of the entrant, and not easyJet, to ensure they comply with copyright requirements and own the rights to use their images for the purposes of the competition.
- Using the hashtag “#ejtraveller” is not proof that we have received your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or corrupted, or which are not received for any reason.
You must, and by entering any “Social Network Competition” competition, you confirm and warrant that, you:
a) have the permission of those pictured in the image (and, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent or guardian) to enter the image into the competition and for the usage rights required by clause 4 and will indemnify easyJet against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement;
b) have complied with the Terms and Conditions;
c) are the sole author of each entry and it is your original work;
d) own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image;
e) your entry does not infringe any third party rights;
f) have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by the Promoter and its agents (see clause 4 below); and
g) have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by clause 4. Your entry must not, and by submitting images to any “Social Network Competition” competition, you warrant that your entry does not, include any material which is in any way:
- defamatory, obscene, unlawful, pornographic, offensive, malicious, indecent or inappropriate;
- harassing, threatening, abusive or hateful or otherwise derogatory toward any individual, group of individuals or business entity, including on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability; · showing or encouraging cruelty, bullying or criminal acts;``
- confidential or infringing anyone's right to privacy;
- promoting third parties' or your own goods or services;
- featuring predominantly or solely a trademark or logo; and/or
- submitted for promotional, lobbying or other commercial purposes.
The Promoter reserves the right to contact entrants to ask them to re-confirm compliance with these terms and to verify the identity of entrants; children under 18 years old who feature in any photo; and/or their parents/guardians; and/or to make any other reasonable investigations to check compliance with these Terms and Conditions. Entrants agree to collaborate with any such enquiry.
The Promoter reserves the right to contact the relevant authorities to report any inappropriate content.
The Promoter and/or authorized third parties may reject, or at any time disqualify entrants, if their entry or any images in their entry, is in breach of any of the Terms and Conditions and/or in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, is inappropriate because, without limitation, it infringes and/or may infringe third party rights, defames other persons and/or denigrates trademarks, institutions and/or cultures and/or is in any manner in breach of the laws, moral, uses and/or etiquette rules generally required from internet users.
By entering a “Social Network Competition” competition, you grant easyJet and its agents a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free and transferable licence (with the right to sub-licence) to use, edit, reproduce, copy, modify, translate, distribute, prepare derivative works of, enlarge, publish or exhibit, your image(s) in any medium or method on any media to be exercised in the Promoter's sole discretion throughout the world for any purpose connected with the competition which may include, but is not limited to, inclusion in a future edition of the easyJet Traveller Magazine and on the easyJet Traveller website (www.traveller.easyjet.com). Where your image is published, it may be accompanied by your name. The winner(s) agrees that their name(s) may be published in the Magazine and on easyJet.com and they may be required to participate in publicity. If we are interested in using your image(s) for other purposes, we reserve the right to contact you for your permission.
5. Image editing
You may use image enhancement to optimise an image for the Promotion.
The winning entry(ies) will be chosen from all images entered into a “Social Network Competition” competition during the month in which it is run. The winning entries will be chosen by members of the easyjet Traveller's editorial team. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the full names of the judges. The decision of the panel is binding and final and easyJet will not enter into any correspondence. The winning entry will be the one judged to best reflect the theme of the given competition. The panel will be looking for photos which are people and experience focused. It will judge photos against criteria including:
- shots should be in full colour
- photos should be clear and in focus
- lighting should be natural, no artificial lights
The winner(s) of any “Social Network Competition” competition will be determined within 14 days of the closing date. The winner(s) will receive an email where possible, or be contacted via the social network channel through which they entered the competition, within 28 days of the closing date to confirm their prize and, for the flight winner, to arrange flight bookings. If the winner does not respond within 7 days, a new winner will be chosen. The flights winner will receive the flight confirmation by email within 14 days of the Promoter's receipt of flight booking details. Winning photos will be published in a future edition of the easyJet Traveller magazine (the edition one month after the closing date). The winners' names and/or social network account names and locations will be published in this edition of the Magazine and will be available on request to email@example.com 28 days after the closing date.
For each month a “Social Network Competition” competition is run, there will be one overall winner. The overall winner's prize is a pair of return easyJet flights to an easyJet destination of the winner's choice (see "Flights prize" below for details). In addition, the overall winner's photo will be published in the Magazine.
Possible Additional Prizes
If the panel is impressed by any entries other than the overall winning entry, it may decide to give that entrant(s) the prize of having their image published in an edition of the Magazine, accompanied by their name and/or social network account name. The prize of return flights is only available to the one overall winner.
Change of prize winner
Winners may be asked to confirm compliance with the Terms and Conditions and their images may not be published where easyJet has reasonable grounds for believing that there has been any non-compliance. If it becomes apparent that, in the Promoter's sole and reasonable opinion, any winner is in breach of the Terms and Conditions, or it is for any other reason inappropriate to publish their image in the Magazine, that winner shall no longer be a winner and another winner shall be chosen unless, in the Promoter's sole and reasonable opinion, no entries are compliant with the Terms and Conditions and appropriate for publishing in the Magazine. The Promoter's decision is final and binding on all matters relating to this promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute concerning or arising out of or in connection with the competition shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
1. Use of personal information The personal information collected from a “Social Network Competition” competition will be used in relation to the competition, for example your personal information may be used to publish your name and/or social network account name and your image(s) in the easyJet Traveller magazine or on the easyJet website. Your contact details may be used to contact you about the competition, for example to inform you that you are a winner or that we are interested in using your submission for other publicity purposes, if applicable. It may also be used to contact you to verify your identity and/or the identity of children under 18 years old who are featured in any of your photos; and/or their parents/guardians or to carry out other investigations as discussed in clause 3.
2. Security to protect your information and data retention As required by the UK Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1998, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you. In the circumstances set out in this policy, where easyJet Airline Company Limited passes your information to a third party, we will ensure that the security measures that such party has in place in relation to the processing of your data are at least as stringent as those employed by easyJet Airline Company Limited. This does not apply where we are required by law to pass your information to a third party or to your name and location which is available to the public as discussed in section 1 above. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
3. Disclosure to third parties Your information may be passed to and used by easyJet Airline Company Limited and easyJet plc and its subsidiaries in relation to the competition and for the same purposes as outlined in section 1 above. Your personal information that is publicly visible on your social network account may also be passed to our service providers and agents for the purposes of administering the competition including corresponding with you in relation to the competition. If you are the winner of the competition, your name and/or social network account name and location may be published with your image(s) in accordance with the Terms and Conditions and your name and location will be provided to members of the public if a request for this information is received in line with the Terms & Conditions.